‘Tis the Season for Blazers Galore!
Who says blazers are boring? With all these styles – impossible! La:Dolce:Vita is here to show us why the blazer is not just your ordinary jacket. Be sure to check out the haven on inspiration featuring editorials, campaigns, and our ideal looks!
Without a doubt, the Blazer is the most versatile and highly coveted item of the season. Adaptable for it’s wearability from day to night by dressing it up or down, and highly coveted because, well, we’re all after that chic and fabulous look. The Blazer isn’t some new invention; it’s a trend that has been in fashion forever, but this time around it’s more tailored and sleek and commands the attention of the “whole look.” I saved you guys some time by sifting through all the great styles, and shapes to narrow down the 5 must-have blazers of the season with two options in each category.
1. The Tuxedo Blazer: Usually very tailored and close to the body, cropped in a fabric with a sheen finish like leather or satin. Can be worn with accompanying tuxedo pants for a complete look, or dress it down with wide leg jeans.
Option 1: Forever 21 Dressy Tux Blazer- 22.80 @ Forever21.com
Option 2: Torn by Ronny Kobo Saba Leather Tuxedo Blazer @ Shopbop.com for $330.00
2. The Sequin Blazer: A flashback from the ’80s but worn with simple hair, few accessories, and toned down make-up creates an updated look. To avoid looking overly extravagant, the sequin blazer should be the dressiest part of the look. Go with bright gold, bronze, black or silver sequins.
Option 1: Antik Batik Classic Wallace Sequin Jacket in Gold @ Revolveclothing.com for $415.00
Option 2: Free People Black Sequin Blazer @ Freepeople.com for $168.00
3. The Boyfriend Blazer: Already a modern classic, wear this pretty much any way you want. Slim fit jeans or skinnies would do the trick.
Option 1: Boyfriend Woolie Jacket @ Freepeople.com for $168
Option 2: Silence & Noise Tweed Boyfriend Blazer @ Urbanoutfitters.com for $49.99
4. Knit Blazer: Unquestionably a casual and fun item to wear on the weekends. Looks great with light washed baggy, slashed boyfriend jeans.
Option 1: Trouve’ Double Knit Boyfriend Blazer @ Nordstom.com for $88.00
Option 2: The Battalion Equestrian Blazer in Slate @ Revolveclothing.com for $363.00
5. Strong Shoulder Blazer: Balmainesque indeed! Strong shoulders say you are powerful, sexy, and demand attention.
Option 1: Robert Rodriguez Ruffle Shoulder Jacket @ Nordstrom.com for $495.00
Option 2: Gryphon Collarless Sequin Sleeve Blazer in Black @ Singers22.com for $545.00