US – UK Clothing and Shoe Size Conversion Chart
Your style knows no borders. Don’t let questions about international sizing stand between you and the clothes you really want. Consult this women’s and men’s US – UK size conversion chart if you have any questions about sizing from international retailers like Asos and Farfetch, or if you’re planning to do some shopping in the US or UK.
Keep in mind sizes do vary by brand and cut. Contemporary and juniors sizing tend to run smaller while classic brands have a more modest fit. Always remember to read sizing reviews where available for specific advice on size variance.
Have any other US – UK fit/sizing advice? Do share!
Women’s Clothing and Shoe Size Conversions:
- Women’s jeans/denim (waist) sizing is the same for the US and the UK.
- Letter sizing (e.g. S, M, L, etc.) is also the same for the US and UK. So for example a US size S (small) is the same as a UK size S.
Men’s Clothing and Shoe Size Conversions:
- UK and the US men’s clothing share the same clothing sizes for both casual and formal wear. This includes neck size, sleeve length, sportcoat/jacket sizing (also called chest size) and waist size.
- Men’s US and UK shoe sizes do differ. See below for US – UK shoe size conversions.
Kids Clothing and Shoe Size Conversions (Girls and Boys):
- Infant sizing is the same for both the US and UK.
- For kids clothing, the US has number sizing whereas the UK list sizing in ages. See chart below.