How to Wear Scarves
Scarves are one of the easiest, most affordable ways to completely change the look of an outfit. There are, oh, about a bajillion ways to wear them, but here we’ll share some of our favorite fresh new styles to add to your wrap repertoire.
1. Belt It: Place the scarf around your neck, wear a blazer or cardigan on top and wrap a belt over the whole thing. Leave space between the ends if you don’t want to completely cover up your top.
2. Knot It: This necklace-like style works especially well with long scarves.
3. Loop It: Makeshift an infinity scarf by wrapping it around your neck and tucking in the ends.
4. Wear It as a Headscarf: Wrap a long, thin scarf around your head to instantly transition from “bad hair day” to “boho fab”.
5. Wear It as a Skirt: Warning — we recommend only wearing this style over an actual skirt or dress to avoid a potentially-embarrassing wardrobe malfunction. That said, when done properly it’s a perfect way to get a Grecian draped effect.
6. Keep It Classic: Wrapping a scarf around your neck balances out a lower-cut top, but it can be worn with just about anything.
Inspired? Let’s get shopping! If you haven’t already, add accessories to your Salemail by logging in at shopittome.com/profile and and editing “Sizes/Categories”. Then visit Shop It To Me Search to peruse all the scarves.
We’d love to know — which style do you like best?