Dad’s Turn: What He Wants for Father’s Day
Last month, we gave you some helpful hints on what Mom really wanted for Mother’s Day. Well, turnabout is fair play … so now it’s Dad’s turn!
To help with your Father’s Day shopping, we asked our data geeks to research the brands that our male members want most. We’ve even sorted them by age group so you can find just the right gift for grandpa, dad or hubby.
To start, we want to share some brand choices that will be winners, regardless of age:
- Calvin Klein, Levi’s and Ralph Lauren were in the top 10 across all age groups,
- Armani placed in the top 10 for all age groups except those 31-40,
- Nike was #1 for every age group except for men over age 60, where it came in fourth place (still a great showing!) and
- Adidas made the top 10 for all age groups except men over 60.
Not what you’re looking for? If you’d prefer something more specific to age group, consider the following:
For older dads and grandpas, choose from the following:
- Both Nordstrom and Brooks Brothers ranked in the top 10 only for the over-60 group;
- Dockers captured the top spot for men over 60, and scored in the top 10 for men 51-60; and
- Tommy Hilfiger made the top 10 for men ages 51 and up.
For dads (husbands) in the middle:
- The sophisticated style of Hugo Boss ranked in the top 10 among men age 31 to 60, while
- Both Banana Republic and Gap scored well with men under 50; and
- Kenneth Cole made the top 10 for ages 31 and up.
For the youngest dads, consider:
- Armani Exchange, which only appeared in the top 10 for men ages 20 and younger,
- Lacoste, which is popular with guys under 20 up to age 40, and
- Diesel, which scored in the top 10 for ages 21 to 40.
For more ideas, shop our pop-up shops below with tons of great items from all of the top men’s brands, including fun picks from some of the Shop It To Me dads: