Category — Best Things To Buy
If you’ve been waiting to pull the trigger on buying any full-price items, then today is definitely the day to do so. At Neiman Marcus, if you spend $200, you’ll get a $50 gift card. Looking to invest more? Spend $500, get a $125 gift card; spend $1,000, get a $250 gift card; spend $2,000, get a $500 gift card. Use code APRILGC at checkout. Snag some of our full-price faves and reap the rewards for your next shopping trip at Neiman Marcus!
April 10, 2012 No Comments
Last week Shop It To Me caused a stir when we posted that Presidents Day sales would dwarf clothing discounts seen on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. And now that we’ve returned from our wonderful long weekend, we’ve gone back to the data to see if this year’s sales were as stellar as we predicted.
They were! All four Presidents Weekend days (Friday through Monday) offered discounts exceeding the average for the year so far by 2.0 to 3.5 percentage points! So far for 2012, the average discount on online clothing markdowns has been 45.3% off. But all four Presidents Weekend days exceeded the average: February 17 (48.9% off), February 19 (48.3% off), February 20 (48.0% off) and February 18 (47.7% off).
And when it comes to who has been faring the best: women’s clothing discounts are better on average (50.4% off) than those for men (44.4% off) and kids (39.1% off for girls and 37.5% off for boys).
So dear reader, we hope you snapped up swoon-worthy items over the weekend since we’re not likely to see sales of these presidential proportions for some time.
Methodology: Shop It To Me has analyzed more than 84,000 sale items to date in 2012 (womens, mens, and childrens).
February 21, 2012 No Comments
Fun fact…did you know that Presidents’ Day Weekend is the 2nd best holiday of the year to snag discounts (even better than Black Friday/Cyber Monday, believe it or not)?
February 17, 2012 No Comments
What better way to celebrate our presidents (and the day off) than with an abundance of fantastic sales from our top retailers? No better way than this! Shop It To Me has scoured the web, and here’s your exclusive roundup of the best Presidents’ Weekend sales around. Or, log on to see your personal matches (your brands/your sizes).
Take 20% off $250, 25% off $500, and 30% off orders of $750 or more. Use code PRESDAY at checkout. See site for exclusions.
It’s Bloomingdales.com Big Brown Bag Sale! Get 20-40% off select merchandise. See site for exclusions.
Shoe Clearance – up to 40% off select styles!
25% off your entire order! Discount applied at checkout. See site for exclusions.
Take an additional 30% off sale with code FCPRES at checkout
20% off your order of $150+ with code FABFEB
Save up to 65% on already-reduced items, plus take an extra 20% off select styles! Discount applied at checkout. See site for exclusions.
Save up to 70% off sale items + an extra 10% off for Shop It To Me Members. Use code SHOPITTOME@YOOX. Exclusions may apply.
President’s Day Sale! Get an extra 30% off select items as marked on site.
Get an extra 10% off select sale items with code SITM10.
40% off sitewide sale (excludes underwear).
Get an extra 25% off on select sale items! Discount applied at checkout. Not valid on all items, see site for details.
Shop It To Me EXCLUSIVE: Extra 40% off All mens/women’s sale jackets, sweaters, and tops with code EXCLUSIVEX40 at checkout! All sales final.
Take an extra 20% off the labels you love with code 20SHARELOVE at checkout.
Take 20% off all regular-priced jewelry (no code needed, prices as marked).
Take up to 65% off clearance, plus an additional 25% off sale and free shipping over $99 (no code needed, extra discount applies at checkout).
Take an additional 25% off sale items, plus free shipping over $99 (no code needed, extra discount applies at checkout).
Take an additional 40% off sale items (no code needed, prices as marked).
Take an extra 35% off already-reduced prices with code CCPRES35.
Power pump promo – up to 30% off pumps (no code needed, prices as marked).
Take 15% off orders with code T2G2012 plus free shipping over $75.
Take 15% off your entire purchase with code 19525 at checkout.
Take $20 off $75 with code DDA75D and free shipping over $25 with code DDAAFF.
Save money and get fit at Athleta.com – shop select items on sale now.
Take 30% off any sale center item, when you purchase any regularly priced item + free shipping on all orders no min. Enter code SBFEBBOGO at checkout.
Take 20% off kids shoes with code CUTE at checkout.
Take $20 off a $99 purchase, plus free shipping.
Take 25% off already-reduced styles with code BRPRES25.
Take up to 40% off select styles.
Take an extra 60% off select styles plus free shipping over $150 (no code needed).
Take 20% off $100 or more with code ONSAVEBIG at checkout (online only).
Take 30% off full-priced handbags and small goods (no code needed).
Take $50 Off $200 with code 50MAX200 at checkout.
Take 20% off all orders, plus free shipping over $50 with code FSWINTER.
Take 20% off your entire purchase of $175 or more with code PRESDAY12 (online in US only).
Save up to 50% on winter clothing and gear, plus free Shipping no minimum (no code needed).
Take up to 60% off new markdowns (prices as marked, all sales are final).
Take an extra 30% off winter clearance styles with code SNOWDAY (see site for details).
Sale on now! New styles added to sale, plus free shipping on all orders!
February 17, 2012 3 Comments
If you’re wondering whether Presidents’ Day promotions are purely a sales pitch–when it comes to shopping for clothing online, price reductions are the real deal.
According to Shop It To Me’s data, Presidents’ Day ranks second just behind Labor Day as the best holiday to grab the steepest online sales on apparel. Here’s how the holiday discounts stacked up in 2011:
Labor Day–48.4% off
Presidents Day–46.7% off
Columbus Day–45.2% off
New Year’s Day–44.2% off
Independence Day–43.5% off
Memorial Day — 42% off
In fact, Presidents’ Day deals even outpaced Black Friday (42.1% off) and Cyber Monday (41.1% off).
February overall is one of the best months of the year to find great deals online (particularly for certain categories), and the average online discount for the month was 45.6% (compared to an average of 44% for the full year).
Six of the top 24 sale days of 2011 fell in February. The deepest markdowns were available in the days leading up to Presidents’ Day.
47.2% off on the Saturday before Presidents’ Day;
46.9% off on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday before;
46.8% off on the day before (Sunday)
So, although February is short and sweet, it may be the top month to shop, particularly Presidents Day weekend!
Methodology: Shop It To Me, the free online personal shopper, analyzed over 693,000 markdowns throughout 2011 available from over 150+ online retailers.
February 13, 2012 1 Comment
Whether you’re off in couples land, dating around or enjoying the single life, Valentine’s Day is just days away. Like it or hate it, it’s an excuse to go on extravagant dates or binge on sweets ’til you can’t move. Lucky for you, we’ve rounded up perfect items and sales to match your plans, whatever they may be.
Ladies night in.
Your perfect sale: CUSP by Neiman Marcus 40% off Ready-To-Wear items plus free shipping thru Thursday 2/16.
If it’s rom-coms and wine with the ladies on your agenda, here are some necessities to round out your evening.
Casual date night.
Your perfect sale: Tory Burch jewelry sale up to 65% off plus free shipping over $250 with code VDAYSHIP thru Friday 2/10.
If a no-frills, but fun date is what you’re planning then you can go a bit less extravagant and trade the dress in for a cute ensemble like the one below.
From Left: Theory Ruched Top, was $235, NOW $163.99 | Joe’s Jeans Wax Coated Jeans, was $198, NOW $138.99 | Sam Edelman Lyla Pump, was $174.95, NOW $129.90 | Tory Burch Embroidered Skyline Collar Necklace, was $265, NOW $182.50
Sassy date night.
Your perfect sale: Rachel Rachel Roy 30% off all full-price dresses plus free shipping over $99 thru Sunday 2/12.
If you plan to go all-out with an evening of fancy fun, we’ve picked some stunning dresses to fit the sassy occasion.
From left: Rachel Pally Dove Dress, was $207, NOW $144.90 | BCBGeneration One Shoulder Ruffle Dress, was $138, NOW $54.97 | Rachel Rachel Roy Eve Dress, was $119, NOW $83.30 | Reiss Grace Silk Drape Dress, was $340, NOW $150
Moping with chocolate night.
Your perfect sale: BareNecessities.com get 10% off orders with code SAVE10BN plus free shipping over $70 thru Saturday 2/11.
Not your year? We’ve all been there. Pull up that blanket, grab the Ben & Jerrys and go to town with some of these adorable pj picks.
February 7, 2012 No Comments
Everyone knows that February is the shortest and sweetest month of the year, but it’s also a super one for clothing sales too! Perhaps because of Presidents’ Day promotions, February is one of the top four months of the year (along with January, July, and August) to find the steepest clothing discounts online.
And if you want to know this month’s must buys, it’s casual shirts (52% off vs. annual average of 50%), casual pants (55% off vs. annual average of 50%), skirts (55% off vs. annual average of 53%), and suits (58% off vs. annual average of 50%). Within those categories, here’s what our chief stylist Annie Ladino has her eye on.
February 6, 2012 1 Comment
Our data scientists did us a solid and analyzed over 11 million women’s sale items found online throughout last year to tell us the best things to buy in January. Here’s our guide to how much you can save now vs. any other month along with some of our favorite picks in each category.
If you’re resolving to be more stylish or money-saving in 2012, shop now in January for:
- Dresses (54% off vs. yearly average of 51% off)
- Jewelry (48% off vs. 46%)
- Skirts (55% off vs. 53%)
- Dressier tops (53% off vs. 48% off)
And, for all you sporty spices out there, athletic pants will average 50% off vs. the yearly average of 45% off, shorts will average 55% off vs. the yearly average of 52% off and t-shirts will average 52% off vs. the yearly average of 47% off.
Methodology: Our data team looked at more than 11 million total women’s markdowns from over 100 online retailers, available between April 1, 2010-March 31, 2011. We analyzed the discounts available each month, and called out which categories were more on sale in January 2011 than any other month during that time period.
January 12, 2012 No Comments
Didn’t get to take that holiday cruise you’d been dreaming of?
If you can’t sail away, why not SALE away…by taking advantage of one of the prime clothing discount months of the year.
According to Shop It To Me data, the steepest online clothing sales for women are found during January/February (average 50%-off during those months vs. yearly average of 48% off) and also during August/September.
To score some goodies when the timing is ripe, follow these handy tips and Treat Yourself:
1. Think sweet 16: January is one of the best months of the year for clothing sales, but the discounts will be the biggest in the second half of the month, starting around January 16. You may see good deals now, but if you wait a little longer, sales will get better. Most retailers close their fiscal years on January 31 and they want to book as much revenue as they can and clear inventory prior to that date.
2. Sale on sale: Throughout January you’ll see retailers offering additional discounts on merchandise that’s already steeply marked down. We’ve seen this “sale on sale” trend for a few weeks now, and it is continuing through the end of the month. For example, Calvin Klein is offering an additional 25% off sale items until 1/20, and French Connection has an additional 60% off on sale merchandise (plus free shipping with code FCNOW!) until 1/31. We’ve compiled a list of this week’s best retailer sales.
3. Pick your pieces wisely: January is the best month of the year for sales on dresses, skirts, jewelry, t-shirts, dress shirts, athletic pants and shorts. Check out the full detailed rundown that our data team pulled together.
4. Naming names: As far as the sales we’re holding out for, our team will be shopping Nine West for up 70% off through 1/30, Shoes.com for 15% off and free shipping (with promo code 15OFF through 1/28), and Cusp for 65% off regular-priced apparel and 55% off regular-priced accessories (through 1/21). The moms and dads in our midst will be scooping up Crocs (spend $100, save $20 with code JAN20 until 1/31). And, for all you North Face stalkers out there, check out REI-OUTLET for up to 50% off on select gear (through 1/23) and fresh closeout gear (from 1/24 – 1/31).
5. Baby it’s not so cold outside: It’s already a boon that many locales are balmier than usual, but an added bonus is that retailers are going to get serious about moving outerwear off their shelves. Historically women’s coats have averaged 47% off at this time of year, men’s have averaged at 40% off, girl’s have averaged at 40% off and boy’s have averaged at 38% off. Use this as your barometer, and if you see steeper sales, snap them up for better than average deals. We’ve also just noticed new outerwear promotions sprouting up from retailers such as All Saints, Sports Authority, Jos A Bank and Eddie Bauer, among others.
January 12, 2012 No Comments
With 2011 winding down, we asked our data scientists to drill down on the most popular sales of the year*. We were completely surprised by their findings on which clothing, shoes and accessories came out on top.
See if you can do better than we did at guessing the big winners. Test your sale I.Q. with our 2011 popularity quiz and rate your score on the scale provided. See how others voted, and then see the correct answers below.
0-2 correct answers = Deal Rookie
3-5 correct answers, Average Bargainista
6+ correct answers, Samurai Saler
- Conventional wisdom might expect Marc by Marc Jacobs Hobo or Rebecca Minkoff’s Mac Clutch to be the most wanted, but Treesje’s Dylan Shoulder bag at 76% off was most popular.
- Everyone loved wedge booties this year, but in the case of these three, the side zip ones from Acne took the most popular award.
- With denim, neither biggest discount nor designer name dictated the winner. We would have called this contest for J. Brand… but David Kahn’s bootcuts surprisingly bested the competition.
- All four of these made it into the top 20 most popular items of 2011. But, it was Michael Kors’ belted lace-print silk-twill dress that dominated.
- North Face at 20-25 percent-off compelled tens of thousands of you to click. In this grouping, the Denali jacket generated the highest number of clicks.
- We predicted Hunter’s would be most popular tall boots, but it was actually the slouch boots from Frye (the least discounted in the grouping) that routed the rest.
- As far as flippys, Jack Rogers were most popular. The Havaianas were a close runner-up, as they too landed in the top 25 most popular items of the year.
*Methodology: We only looked at items with over 1,000 appearances in Shop It To Me Salemail. “Most popular” is calculated as the highest ratio of clicks/appearances.
December 28, 2011 No Comments