Category — Best Things To Buy
Since we always love how she’s looking and because she’s completely Shop It To Me obsessed, we asked style expert Jenn Falik to tell us her 10 Salemail must-haves for fall! These awesome pieces can be styled solo or mixed and matched to create a wardrobe that is perfect for right now. See below for Jenn’s current faves along with her tips on how/why to wear them:
- Haute Hippie one-shoulder dress - “Jewel-toned dresses are always great on TV and easy to accessorize for a polished night out.”
- Elizabeth and James leather trip pants - “Classic black crop pant with a subtly edgy detail.”
- 7 For All Mankind super flare denim- “The light wash will look so great with autumn-hued floral blouses.”
- Vanessa Bruno lace vest - “So glamorous with a long sleeve heather grey tee and jeans. “
- Pour La Victoire pumps- “Never thought I would stray from rounded toes, but loving a pointy stiletto this season. “
- Helmut Lang jersey jacket - “The definition of effortless chic.”
- Tory Burch Christelle dress - “Don’t know if I could ever pull this off, but a girl can dream.”
- Alice + Olivia wrap skirt - “Been eyeing this in my salemail for weeks- love the color and the draping.”
- Kooba leather satchel - “Love this shape for fall, perfect with a camel cape jacket.”
- Kate Spade bow belt - “Adore the outfit transforming abilities of a skinny belt, and a total sucker for anything with a bow.”
October 5, 2011 No Comments
The long anticipated Fashion’s Night Out has finally arrived! And thanks to the many, many fabulous online retailers we work with, you don’t have to be in a major city (or even in stores) to get in on the action. Look no further…here is a rundown of what’s happening online in honor of the year’s most fashionable holiday:
Barneys is donating 10% of today’s sales to the National September 11th Memorial and Museum.
Take 20% off any item from Betsey Johnson with code FNOSAVE.
Shop It To Me members save 35% sitewide from C&C California, plus free shipping with code, SITM35.
Save 25% sitewide from Calvin Klein with code CKFNO25.
Take an additional 40% off clearance items from Express.
Shop It To Me Members save 20% sitewide from Goldyn with code SITM20.
Take an extra 25% off sale items from Manhattanite with code FNO25.
BONUS! We’re giving away a $100 Manhattanite gift card today. To enter just tweet the following phrase:
Want to win a $100 Manhattanite gift card to shop #FNO? Follow @manhattanites @shopittome and RT to enter. 3 HOURS ONLY!
Shop It To Me members get FREE shipping from Ssense with code SHOPITTOME.
Take 20% off select styles from Steve Madden with code FASHION20.
Get FREE shipping from Ralph Lauren with code RLNIGHTOUT.
Get a free tote from Tory Burch when you spend $100 or more.
Get FREE shipping on all orders from Yoox.
Nope, that’s not all! There are even more fabulous FNO deals to jump on:
- 7 For All Mankind is offering Free Shipping on all purchases!
- Alexander Wang is giving away a $3,000 gift card! Click here to enter.
- Receive a free tote bag with purchase from Nasty Gal.
- Intermix is offering exclusive items online and at their store in the Meatpacking District.
- 25% off sitewide from Avenue, plus free shipping over $75 with code AV111275.
- 25% off sitewide from Kensie with code SHOPIT25.
We weren’t kidding when we said there were TONS of exciting things happening online today. Happy Fashion’s Night Out, everyone!
September 8, 2011 No Comments
A great new pair of designer jeans and some fabulous trendy boots…there’s nothing better for the fall. But with prices on got-to-have-it brands starting at $225 this season, can anyone afford a new pair?
You can, and you don’t have to wait until January for discounts: August and September offer some of the steepest sales of the entire year on both denim and boots.
Last year, online discounts on women’s jeans were 43% in September and 42% in August: perfect timing to get some great new denim for the fall. Shop It To Me’s Founder/CEO, Charlie Graham says, “it’s because retailers extend their August back-to-school sales for kids to junior brands. That prompts markdowns on women’s denim too.”
“Pre-season sales designed to get you ‘in the door’ likely are the reason for the great discounts on women’s boots”, says Charlie. Although the biggest markdowns are in early spring, you can find the perfect pair of boots in August for 40% off. In this case, playing the waiting game thinking you’ll snag a pair during peak winter season isn’t advised. Women’s boot styles available online during November/December last year were only 35-36% off on average.
What are you waiting for? Make sure your preferences are current with the denim brands that map to your jean-etics and designer boots you want to walk in this fall. Discounts will disappear as soon as autumn arrives because retailers know you NEED those winter staples. Happy shopping!
Keen on snapping up the August sales, Annie Ladino, Shop It To Me’s Chief Stylist, found these boots and denim styles in today’s Salemail:
1) Loeffler Randall Mesh Lace-Up Booties, Now $188 (70% off)
2) Free People Legion Buckle Booties, Now $49.95 (64% off)
3) Alexander Wang Whipstitch Ankle Boots, Now $237.99 (60% off)
4) Giuseppe Zanotti Crystal-Embellished Boots, Now $632 (60% off)
5) Madewell Denim Boots, Now $139.99 (30% off)
6) Current/Elliott Bell Mid-Rise Flare Jeans, Now $80.50 (65% off)
7) Twenty8Twelve by Sienna Miller Skinny Jeans, Now $67.50 (75% off)
8) J Brand Zipper Skinny Jeans, Now $149 (20% off)
9) Lauren by Ralph Lauren Boyfriend Jeans, Now $69.65 (30% off)
10) Current/Elliott Boyfriend Ripped Jeans, Now $87.99 (60% off)
August 9, 2011 No Comments
Be an accessory to the bargains. Annie’s inside scoop on what to snap up in August.
Great accessories can take almost any outfit to a whole new level, and August is the perfect time of year to expand your collection of little extras (thanks for the tip-off, dear data team!). Belts, scarves and other accessory items will be available at their best discounts of the year, with online sales last year averaging 52% off during August, compared with an average 47% the rest of the year.
You probably won’t want to accessorize some of the other best buys this month: comfy sleepwear ( 49% off vs. 41% off) and athletic shirts (47% vs. an average 42% off). But if you have suggestions on how to do so, please leave me comments below.
So, before you “check out” for your August vacation, check in on some of my August shopping picks below.
Accessories: Scarves aren’t just for tying around your neck. Loop it as a belt, add a hint of color to a bag or just plain tie around your hips for a new look.
Belts: The easiest and fastest way to flatter your figure, Belts add instant definition to your waist.
Athletic/Sleepwear: Not just for gym, sweatshirts are the perfect slouchy cut comfort addition to your everyday wardrobe. I like the juxtaposition of wearing it with florals.
July 28, 2011 No Comments