Category — Fashion, Style & Trends
Who said it’s a bad thing to dress alike?! Last week, two of the gals from the Shop It To Me office, Caitlin and Ilana, took it upon themselves to dress alike every single day. See the outfits the two of them concocted below… how cute are they?! We consider this a true lesson in San Francisco start-up style.
We were fortunate enough to get the inside scoop on what was behind Twin Week, and some of the juicy details. Check out our interview with them below!
August 13, 2012 No Comments
If you haven’t pulled the trigger on our latest feature, which is choosing how you want your Shop It To Me email organized — by retailer, by clothing category, or by brand — fear not! Our Trendsetters (aka shopping experts) and our own staff (also experts in shopping) weigh in on this ultra-personalized featured and how/why they’ve organized their emails this way.
- “I organize my Salemail by store. That way I can see any special promotions the store is running in case I want to buy multiple items from the same spot.” -Natalie of Shop It To Me
- “I organize my sale by retailer because it’s the most like the experience of shopping in store. I have my favorite retailers for certain items so it’s nice to have it broken up this way in my Salemail.” -Caitlin of Shop It To Me
- “I organize my Salemail by retailer. I definitely have my favorites and love knowing which items I can shop with free shipping and free returns!” -Kelly of Shop It To Me
- “Personally, I chose the Clothing Category preference because you never know what you’ll come across when you think outside of the box! I have found the most amazing shoes and accessories from brands I’ve never heard of before and love sharing my discoveries with my readers!” -Patty of A Work in Progress
- “I organize my salemail by Category because I love hunting for the right dress for that night out on the town, regardless of which store it’s from!” -Alice of Shop It To Me
- “I currently have my Salemail organized by retailer. However, when I have an event or am searching for something specific I love being able to change it to Clothing Category to easily see what I’m already shopping for!” -Laura of 24-7 Style
- “I group my salemail by brand. I’m super specific and definitely have my faves (Joie, Adriano Goldschmied, Equipment, J Brand) so its great to be able to quickly scan through.” -Krista of City Chic
- “I think it’s best to organize Salemails by brand and/or by clothing category. Wallets, beware!” -Hallie of Corals + Cognacs
- “I’ve always had it organized by retailer… but I might try organizing by brand and see how that compares.” -Lisa of Pennlive.com
Choose your organization method here, now.
July 25, 2012 No Comments
Our team is eagerly anticipating Memorial Day: the three days off, the BBQs and outdoor dining, and the inaugural wearing of new summer attire.
Since we want to get the best deals possible for those trendy summer outfits, we nagged our data team here at Shop It To Me for guidance on just when to shop those Memorial Day weekend sales.
Memorial Day came in sixth among major holidays last year for discounting. And if 2011 was any indicator, here’s what to expect:
- Shop early! There was two to three times more newly marked down inventory Friday and Saturday than on Monday last year.
- What’s more, discounts on “new markdowns” were better early in the weekend, with Friday coming in at 41% off, Saturday at 35% off, and Sunday-Monday at just 29%.
- Overall, online clothing/accessories discounts last year averaged 41-42% off over the weekend, pretty much in line with May as a whole, at 42% off.
That said, our inside sources tell us that select retailers will be serving up some phenomenal sales. Starting Wed., May 23, we’ll tip you off on private sales, site-wide discounts, and markdowns on select categories like denim.
In the meantime, we’ve put together a few pop-up shops to help you quickly and easily find warm-weather styles for Outdoor/barbecue, All white and Swim/caftan/coverups. Check out the top picks by Annie Ladino (our Chief Stylist) below, or click through to shop each of the pop-ups.
Memorial Day Pop-Up Shops:
May 18, 2012 No Comments
We’re all smiles around here today since style expert Jenn Falik featured a swanky number found through Shop It To Me during her “What to Wear to a Wedding” segment on this morning’s edition of TODAY.
We love that Jenn searched Salemail to find an affordable formal dress for her model Moon Kim. The featured dress is Lauren by Ralph Lauren Wrapped Bodice Evening Gown ($184)
and is still available. Update: oh no, it just sold out in black (10:45am ET)! But it’s still available in blue here.
But, here are more frocks to help you rock any fancy nuptials you’re attending this summer.
1. Robert Rodriguez Veronica Illusion Gown ($477)
2. Ralph Lauren Cluny Silk Satin Dress ($599)
3. A.B.S. by Allen Schwartz Criss-cross Back Gown ($309)
4. Nicole Miller Embellished Jersey Gown ($181.50)
5. Michael Stars Modal Jersey Halter Maxi ($63.20)
6. Thakoon Addition Cross-back Silk-satin Gown ($348.25)
7. Tadashi Shoji Black Stretch Jersey Long Dress ($210.40)
8. Factory by Erik Hart One-shoulder Stretch Jersey Dress ($108.90)
May 17, 2012 1 Comment
In Yahoo’s video series “Secrets To Your Success”, Kathryn Eisman talks with trailblazing women and imparts their working wisdom to women like you.
In this week’s episode, Kathryn jets to Hawaii to interview Cindy Sakai and Sarah Kalicki Nakamura, certified Dream coaches, who help companies create more profitable, efficient and enjoyable workplaces. Kathryn gets the scoop on the qualities all good bosses have and on creating a company culture that encourages trust and inspires people to use their gifts in innovative ways.
To keep it chic in the Honolulu heat, Kathryn opted for a sleeveless neon dress from Nanette Lepore (now sold out) and nude platform heels from Sergio Rossi.
To succeed with this look, we serve up these similar styles:
Watch Kathryn in this fab look at Yahoo Shine.
May 17, 2012 No Comments
If you’ve been waiting to pull the trigger on buying any full-price items, then today is definitely the day to do so. At Neiman Marcus, if you spend $200, you’ll get a $50 gift card. Looking to invest more? Spend $500, get a $125 gift card; spend $1,000, get a $250 gift card; spend $2,000, get a $500 gift card. Use code APRILGC at checkout. Snag some of our full-price faves and reap the rewards for your next shopping trip at Neiman Marcus!
April 10, 2012 No Comments
Are you among the lucky ones expecting a tax refund this year? With the average refund projected to be nearly $3,000, we wanted to know how – and where — you’d spend that kind of mad money if you could.*
Seems you are a practical bunch who would opt to buy a full spring wardrobe (83%) rather than blow it on one crazy, high-ticket item (17%).
There was less agreement about where you would shop for that wardrobe, if you had to do it all in one store. Nordstrom came in first at 19%, with Bloomingdales in second place at 7%. There was a near-tie for third place between Anthropologie (5.5%) and J.Crew (5%). Other top ten stores were Macy’s, Saks and Neiman Marcus.
Not surprising, when asked which department would be your first choice for spending your entire tax refund, 65% of you chose clothing; shoes and bags came in a distant second and third (at 16% and 15%).
As far as the spring trends that would most get your green, the top three responses all revolved around color — with Pastel (20%), Orange or Tangerine (17%) and Neon pieces (11%) topping the list. You were less enamored by printed pants, pleated skirts, and peplum (under 5% each).
And, while we may or may not be “feeling the love” for our tax accountants right now, we do love our favorite “CPA” brands! Your top choices for splurging with that refund were Chanel (16%), Prada (30%) and Anthropologie (24%).
No matter what your faves, the best way to fiscally responsible with your 2012 budget is to keep your Shop It To Me profile up to date. That way, you’ll always get the best prices on the brands you love.
*Methodology: Results are based on 480+ respondents from a survey fielded by Shop It To Me the week of April 2-6, 2012.
Other related posts:
Tax-Day Giveaway: Nominate a stylish accountant to win a designer bag!
Survey Results: What’s most “taxing” in your daily routine?
Time-saving tips: 5 busy accountants weigh in on how they make it through crunch-time
April 10, 2012 No Comments
Clearly we’re all ready to transition out of pants and into the beloved warm-weather staple: the dress! Retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Rachel Rachel Roy and French Connection seem to agree, and have provided you with some extra special sales to kickstart your spring and summer dress wardrobe. Peep some of our favorites below!
Saks Fifth Avenue: Get 20% off a collection of designer gowns, prices already marked, thru Friday 3/23.
Rachel Rachel Roy: Get 30% off everything, plus free shipping on any order no code needed, thru Monday 3/26.
Some of our fancy favorites:
March 22, 2012 No Comments
Events this week: Jump into spring with Rebecca Taylor, Lilly Pulitzer, Free People and trends to love
We’ve certainly hit the ground running here at Shop It To Me on the first day of spring! While we can’t will this gloomy west coast weather to be more spring-like, we can give everyone a jump on some perfectly seasonal wardrobe additions, starting with some trends to love.
We’re huge fans of brands that lend us a hand in the way of transitional pieces. Here are some of our favorites of the week!
March 20, 2012 No Comments
Events this week: Spring’s Best Dresses, Rebecca Minkoff & Marc Jacobs signature items, plus 3 more!
This week’s events are all about springtime and signature items. Enjoy stylish picks from Rebecca Minkoff, Marc Jacobs and Kate Spade, as well as closet staples from Elizabeth and James, Alexander Wang and many more. If you have spring fever like we do, you’ll find tons of adorable dress picks and frilly frocks here, too. And let’s not forget our favorite green holiday; snag some bold picks below. Log in and enjoy!
Snag the items you’ve been eyeing for up to 65% off.
Cool closet staples from top designers.
Get a jump on the season with some versatile transition dresses.
Celebrate spring with frills galore from $70.
No pinching here! Get in the spirit and don yourself in glorious green.
March 13, 2012 No Comments