We are excited to announce 3 new retailers on board that you’ll see appearing in your Shop It To Me Salemails: Yoox, Anne Klein, and J.Jill. We are excited that we can personally cater to the tastes of each of our members, and these newcomers provide additional range in the styles offered through Salemail. Let’s introduce you:
Yoox.com: “A virtual boutique offering exclusive collections by prestigious designers, a carefully selected range of end-of-season clothing and accessories at accessible prices.” You can find items from high-end designers like Christian Dior, Roberto Cavalli, and Phillip Lim offered through Yoox.com.
AnneKlein.com: “Anne Klein was a fashion pioneer who helped define what American style is all about. Today’s collection provides women with the kind of self-expression and empowerment that defined the designer herself.”
J.Jill.com: J.Jill “offers women age 35+ an easy way to dress. Motivated by one simple premise: that women want to look great and feel good. J.Jill style is Genuine, Natural, Relaxed, Essential.”
To ensure you have these brands selected, just visit www.shopittome.com/login and click “Edit brands”.
June 14, 2010 No Comments
Ladies (and gentlemen), Father’s Day is quickly approaching! Do not panic — you still have time to shop for your dad online if you get scootin’. He may not be the easiest one to shop for, but the good news is Sale Spot is a fantastic tool for situations like these, and we’re here to help! For Dad, sometimes playing it safe isn’t the worst idea… think manly accessories or perhaps a nice sweater. Here are a few gift ideas we came across:
1. Cole Haan woven leather clip card case 2. Andrew Marc canvas travel bag 3. Banana Republic stripe skinny tie 4.Theory cotton stripe scarf 5. Theory cotton sweater 6. Nixon watch
The best thing is dads typically aren’t that picky. And if yours happens to be… there are always returns!
If your dad doesn’t give a you-know-what about fashion, go for the golf gear/sports memorabilia. Or a nice bottle of wine (then Mom will be happy too!). Just make sure you don’t forget to tell your father how much you love and appreciate him – they only get one day a year, after all!
June 12, 2010 1 Comment
The weather is getting warmer, even here in usually-chilly San Francisco, and it’s time to give your skin some vitamin D and show off your feminine side with some cute summer dresses. This dress by Marc by Marc Jacobs is great for just that. It features a fun print, two-way zipper, a little spandex and pockets! Wear it with some strappy sandals, some moccasins, or even heels, and you’re set to go to your favorite summer music festival.
Originally: $298, Now: $149
June 11, 2010 No Comments
With the World Cup starting today, we thought we’d give you a quick intro to the fashion profiles of the Wives And Girlfriends (WAGS) of some of the key England players, so even if you’re not a footie fan, you can still choose your favorites and show some support!
As Martin Rogers from Yahoo Sports said, “They are some of the most photographed faces in soccer, yet they don’t make bone-crunching tackles or score spectacular goals. They live the celebrity lifestyle and throw their money around like any self-respecting superstar, but they won’t even kick a ball during the World Cup. They are the wives and girlfriends of the England soccer team…”
So, let’s get to know them — and their fashion tastes!
Wife of England’s Wayne Rooney, Coleen has carved out quite a following in the UK for her love of fashion. She’s been a huge fan of the S/S 10 Maxi Dress, which suits her classic style and she has been known to wear a Juicy Couture tracksuit. She famously wore a £200,000 Marchesa gown for her wedding.
Victoria Beckham (above):
The Queen Bee of WAGS, Victoria has made our list even though hubby David is injured for the tournament. Victoria has developed her love of fashion into a successful business, with Victoria Beckham dresses being spotted at ever red carpet event in the past six months. Along with championing her own designs, she’s recently been spotted in young design brand Preen and she’s famous for her love of the famous Hermes bag, with a collection allegedly worth over £2 million!
Alex Gerrard (above):
With her model looks, Alex (wife of England captain Steven) can wear pretty much anything. Known for her daring fashion choices, Alex was a keen Balmain fan last season and has continued rocking the shoulder pad look, recently pictured in a stylish grey dress at the Ascot races. During the day, she loves Stella McCartney for Adidas for her trips to the gym.
Abbey Clancy (above):
Model Clancy, partner of England striker Peter Crouch, is brilliant at mixing High Street with High Fashion, so ShopItToMe UK would is the perfect choice for her. Never seen with out her killer high heels, Clancy, like every girl, loves her Louboutins!
Carly Cole (above):
Personal Trainer Carly has recently given birth to her and Joe Cole’s first child and has been quick to snap back into shape, revealing her enviable figure in a crop top and jeans. Known for her ‘girl next door’ look, Carly loves jeans and a stylish tee for her day look, and is often seen in key Chloe pieces for evenings out.
Let the games begin!
June 11, 2010 1 Comment
Getting dressed is never an easy feat…add a chaotic closet and this task can become a mind boggling conundrum! Blogger 260 Days, No Repeats has a few quick and easy tips to share that will help you closet undergo the makeover it has always wanted. Don’t forget to check out her daily fashion blog for some inspiration on how to re-work your favorite articles of clothing into new and unique outfits.
A man’s home might be his castle, but I think a woman’s home is her closet. How you organize it should be a reflection of your personality and how you get ready to go out. I don’t think there are rules set in stone but, there are a few general guidelines that everyone can utilize:
- Clean House: Take everything out of the closet(s) so you can see it all clearly and decide what really deserves to be there. Things that have holes, stains, etc. should be mended/cobbled and if possible or gotten rid of.
- Sort: The rest of the items in your closet should be separated into “yes”, “no”, and “maybe” piles. “Yes”, for the stuff you can’t live without. “No”, for the things that are not flattering or you haven’t worn in years (these items should be donated.) And lastly the “maybe” pile for the things you can’t make a split second decision on
- Toss: Whittle it down to final “yes” and “no” piles. Be vicious with your wardrobe and only keep the things you love!
- Sort what has been deemed worthy into categories (shirts, dresses, etc.)
- Sort by color: Once items are sorted by category, sort them by color. This makes everything easier to find and will allow you to put together outfits in a breeze.
- Invest in uniform hangers (if possible): I like slimline hangers like these for tops, basic clips for skirts, and heavy duty plastic ones for coats and jackets.
- Stash Shoes: Shoes should be arranged in shoes boxes with pictures or clear bins if space allows. Perhaps in a hanging rack on the back of the door or just lined up neatly on the floor.
- Fold Sweaters: Sweaters should be folded and stacked on a shelf or in drawers.
June 10, 2010 2 Comments
Because it’s summer, and because Shopbop is having and AWESOME sale, we couldn’t decide which pair of sandals would be more exciting for you all…so we decided to pick two items for the Deal of the Day!
These suede sandals are brought to you by Sigerson Morrison (one of my all time favorite shoe designers!) so you know that the quality is top notch. They come in two exciting colors: “lemon” and “shocking pink” and while they are simple enough in design the bold colors certainly make a statement. We’re still huge admirers of the exposed zipper trend, and at 50% off these sandals are basically perfect.
Belle by Sigerson Morrison ‘Tubular Zip Back Flat Sandals’
Was: $195.00, Now: $97.50
If you’re looking for something a bit more universal these Dolce Vita studded sandals are spunky, adorable, and as usual on sale. The crisscross straps will look great with jeans or a mini, and besides, every girl needs a go to pair of silver shoes to help jazz up a dull outfit!
Dolce Vita ‘Ezra Stud Crisscross Sandals’
Was: $138.00, Now: $69.00
June 10, 2010 No Comments
Does your closet need a face lift? The solution to boring drawers may be as simple as a trip to the tailor. Lorraine of SF Indie Fashion is here to show you how to spruce up your wardrobe with 5 fabulous tailoring ideas. It’s time to get creative!
Be sure to check out SF Indie Fashion – it’s a local fave and the premier source for independent fashion news, events, and designers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We at SF Indie Fashion recently did something shockingly therapeutic. After a weekend marathon of What Not to Wear and Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style courtesy of our DVR queue packed with ever-so-intellectual material, we dove into our rather pint-sized closet and got to sifting.
I ended up taking one pair of slacks, two dress shorts, one blouse, three dresses and a skirt to Nouvelle Tailor & Laundry – my trusted Noe Valley tailor (they also have done a great job cleaning my leather coats). A week later, we picked up what amounted to a major wardrobe infusion for around $150 bucks. Yes, tailoring can cost you, especially when you start really changing garments, but in the end, paying that amount to return eight items to the regular outfit rotation was well worth it. After all, I initially bought each item because I liked most of what I saw. It was the details that kept me from wearing them.
In the spirit of using what you have, consuming conciously and looking the best you possibly can as you jaunt through this life, here are five ideas for easy tailoring jobs that can totally change a garment, yet often cost less than a pair of new socks.
1. Turn a dress into a shirt. I took two long dresses to my tailor and asked him to cut them off at hip level, thus turning them into shirts. The result: two new tops I’ll wear a lot more than I would the dresses, which both fell somewhere into the casual day dress category.
2. Change those sleeves. I pulled a shirt out of my closet that I paid a decent amount for – somewhere in the $150 range. I love it, yet I never wear it. Why? Because it had puffy satin sleeves. They look cute on the shirt, but not so on my rather thick upper arms. Hey, I work out. What can I say? I hustled it over to the tailor, who cut them down and redid the underarm seams. Now I have the shirt I always loved, but with new sleeves I can actually appreciate.
3. Trade a tie-neck halter for a button closure. I had two halter-style tops that tied at the back of the neck. Guess what? Never wore ‘em. Why? About an hour after I put either of them on, the fabric digging into my neck skin was pretty close to unbearable. They ended up sitting in my closet, waiting for the perfect 45-minute-or-less occasion. Took them to the tailor, who cut the straps down and added buttons for a more comfortable closure.
4. Dart it up. When you have an item of clothing that leaves you feeling like a sad sack, darts may be all you need to revamp the item. I’ve added front and/or back darts to several shirts and dresses to add shape. It’s an easy fix that you can do at home if you have basic sewing skills. Otherwise, drag the items to the tailor.
5. Replace your lining. The wonderful husz of SF Indie Fashion had a jacket he loved, but his bare-bones fashion sensibilities were appalled at the circa-1983 splatter pattern lining on the otherwise simple black jacket. He wore it diligently, but cringed whenever the wind picked up and the side flapped open to reveal what he considered seriously embarassing lining. So he wouldn’t have to zip his jacket everywhere he went for the rest of eternity, I dragged him to the tailor. A few days later, presto! A black jacket with basic black lining. Simple, just like the resulting garment.
June 10, 2010 No Comments
To celebrate our new site redesign, we’re giving away a $1,000 gift card (store of your choice)!
To enter, just log in to your Shop It To Me account, and tell friends.
Each friend that joins Shop It To Me will count as another entry. (And you’ll still be rewarded with $10 gift cards too!)
- See official rules for all the details
- US residents only, 18 years+
- Limited time: only until Friday, June 11
June 8, 2010 No Comments
This deal is jaw-dropping! First of all, these Hollywould platform sandals are absolutely gorgeous with their natural brown and gold coloring. Perfect for summer! But the real clincher is the pricetag! They were originally $495, and are now marked down to just $49.50! That’s nearly 90%-off and a savings of $445 dollars. Yes, over FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS savings! Wowee!! Not to mention they are from ShopGoldyn.com, an adorable online boutique we just love!
*We’re betting these will sell out fast!
June 8, 2010 No Comments
Upon spotting this studded leather clutch in today’s Salemail, we immediately knew it had to be featured for Deal of the Day! The color is perfect for any season, the size makes it totally versatile, and the stud detailing will add a super chic, rock and roll vibe to your look. And what’s even better is the markdown – you’ll rarely find an item by our beloved Tory Burch at half price! A total steal, in our opinion…
Tory Burch ‘Linden-Desert’ Leather Clutch Was: $350.00 Now: $174.90
June 7, 2010 No Comments