Spring season is here, but don’t let the sun deceive you. It’s still a little chilly out, and some more rain to come (at least here in San Francisco). Chris from Miss Chris is here to give you tips on how to stay warm, yet dive into the fun spring fashion! Be sure to check out her blog featuring fresh thoughts on fashion, home decor, cooking, and fitness from a 20-something on a budget .
While the calendar tells us spring has arrived, Mother Nature sometimes has other plans. Don’t let cold weather & rain stop you from getting excited about & dressing for spring! Here are some tips for looking springy when it’s still cold out:
- COLOR! Color is easiest way to add a little “spring” to your outfit. Don’t be afraid of color! Add it wherever you can. Colorful shoes are one of my favorite ways to add color to an outfit.
- Mix your winter & spring gear. Bring your spring dresses out of the closet (read: spring, not summer) & pair them with tights and a blazer. You can rock your spring look while still being warm enough to fare the outdoors.
- Accessorize! Fun accessories in bright patterns & colors make spring feel like it’s actually here. My favorite spring accessories? Bright scarves & flirty headbands, like this Gap scarf & headband from J. Crew. Too cute.
- Raining? Get a fun, brightly colored rain coat, like this Green with Envy coat from Macy’s. The brightly colored coat will brighten even the rainiest day. Brightly colored rain boots will also do the trick.
- Get a colorful mani/pedi. Even the idea of prepping your feet for spring will put you in more of a spring mindset.
Biggest spring style mistakes? Jumping to summer & skipping spring styles altogether. Even when it’s cold out, it’s great to mix & match some of your spring & winter gear. Don’t forget color! It’s sure to brighten your outfit & your mood.
April 8, 2010 2 Comments
It’s amazing how a few thoughtful details can turn an ordinary dress into a knockout. The banded crew neck, subtle slit and gathered waistline make this an out-of-the-ordinary LBD.
Add some colorful tights and a blazer for chilly days or keep it simple with a pair of pumps for night. The extra stretch makes this dress comfy too.
Cynthia Rowley Front Slit Dress, Reg: $365, Now: $182.50
April 8, 2010 No Comments
Behind every fashion-forward individual lies their inspiration. Having a hard time finding yours? Well no worries! Krista from Style Epiphany is here to show us a few great places to collect inspiration from. Be sure to check out her blog – its a fabulous guide for style-savvy women!
Style is an art which thrives in places of great inspiration. To be stylish, you must consciously welcome inspiration into your life. That means slowing down, noticing your surroundings and even doing a little research.
Like everyone else, you are a work in progress, and your style should be included in that notion. As you learn and grow as an individual, you want your style to reflect the current time and who you are.
Here are a few places to find inspiration that will help you express yourself through style:
- Magazines. InStyle, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Allure, Lucky and People Style Watch are just a few print magazines bursting with style.
- Websites. Google words like “style,” “fashion,” “beauty” and “2010 fashion trends” to surf your way to style. Many of your favorite magazines, such as InStyle and People Style Watch also have free information available on their websites.
- Style blogs. Independent beauty and fashion niche blogs can provide the latest information on style. Google until your heart’s content, but don’t forget to use the Shop It To Me Trendsetters directory!
- Movies and TV. From Sex and The City and The Rachel Zoe Project to E! coverage of the latest red carpet events, your favorite celebs offer valuable style inspiration.
- Shopping. Look at the mannequins, talk to salespeople and people watch!
- Nature. Take the time to smell the flowers, look up at the sky and listen to the birds. Beauty and fashion are closely linked to nature, so something as simple as the color of a flower can lead to a style epiphany.
- Your closet. When is the last time you took the time to really look at your wardrobe? Instead of rushing to put on outfits the same way you typically coordinate them, take the time to assess your belongings. What do you like best, and why? Which pieces can you put together to create a brand new look?
- Your photos. Great fashions have a way of cycling and popping back up again. Take a look at old photos of yourself, friends and relatives for timeless style guidance.
April 8, 2010 1 Comment
There’s a little diva in your dog that’s dying to come out. We couldn’t resist giving this one to the pups. We all love a hoodie now and again, so why deny one to your dog? The model pooch, for one, is obviously loving it.
Look at her. That could be your dog hanging out with the hood up, or gazing off in the distance thinking, “darn I look good.”
Juicy Couture Terry Hoodie, Reg: $45, Now: $30
April 7, 2010 No Comments
Upon first glance it’s easy to see that these shoes by Cynthia Vincent are total must-haves. No real surprise there….
What is a shocker (a quite pleasant one) is these shoes by Cynthia Vincent will be available for purchase at Target for $30 or less. Talk about a bargain!
Not only are the styles absolutely adorable and the colors ideal for spring/summer, but at this rate you don’t even have to choose favorites! Snag a pair (or two or three) when they hit stores and Target.com on April 18th. But a friendly warning to those interested – we’ll be racing you to the checkout line with our baskets filled!
Love what you see? Add Twelfth Street to your Shop It To Me profile to receive sales on Cynthia Vincent’s fabulous items regularly! Not only do we love her shoes, but her bags and clothing are just as great.
April 6, 2010 1 Comment
This Robert Rodriguez lace overlay skirt is nothing short of gorgeous. We can imagine wearing this to a special dinner out, swanky cocktail lounge, bridal shower, or paired with the right sweater, it could even be worn to work! We especially love the elasticized waistband the eyelash trim at the bottom – the ideal combination of comfy & cute!
April 6, 2010 1 Comment
We’re excited to announce this week’s seven stylin’ new Trendsetters. Welcome to the Shop It To Me community!
Your daily fashion fix for finding new fashion trends, amazing looks for less, & fabulous celeb styles…all without blowing your entire paycheck.
The chronicles of a 20-something with a shoe obsession. A little fashion, a lot of shoes, with a side of new found domestication.
A fashion blog following two Philadelphia friends and their evolving style on a student’s budget.
A forum that invites lively discussion of trends in fashion, jewelry, accessories, and more for the budget-conscious woman.
A blog which focuses on fashion, photography and beauty. Inspired by the people that love fashion.
Shopping and style for women with curves. Bridging the size gap with a woman who’s in between.
Three feminist PhD candidates at a Midwest university, on a crusade against the ill-fitting polyester suit of academic yore.
*Want to be a Shop It To Me Trendsetter? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your fashion or lifestyle blog to apply!
April 6, 2010 No Comments
Be among the first to get your hands on the new Apple iPad!
We just launched Shop It To Me in the United Kingdom. To celebrate, we’re giving away an Apple iPad so you can see Salemail wherever you go.
For the chance to win:
- Invite friends to join Shop It To Me US or UK. Each friend who signs up = another entry. (Plus, you’ll still earn gift cards.)
- Double entries when UK friends join ShopItToMe.co.uk!
Tweet for extra entries:
- Follow @ShopItToMe on Twitter
- Tweet this once/day until April 9th:
“@ShopItToMe just launched in the UK. Win an Apple iPad! http://bit.ly/cVq2DL”
- You must be a Shop It To Me member to win. (If you’re not a member yet, sign up now!)
- U.S. residents only, age 18+
- For more info, see official contest rules
Want to know more about Shop It To Me UK? Get the deets here.
So get busy spreading the word, and good luck!
April 6, 2010 11 Comments
There’s nothing better than a great pair of skinny jeans. Especially a pair of stretch-fabric skinny jeans that cost well under $100! These Rich & Skinny straight-leg jeans in Dove Wash are a great wardrobe essential. They’re perfect to tuck into tall boots, or to wear with your favorite pumps or flats! Totally versatile, and at 60% off, they’re totally affordable too!
Rich & Skinny ‘Legacy’ Stretch Denim Leggings: Originally $164, Now $64.90
April 5, 2010 1 Comment
This lovely, lightweight, layered vest is perfect for transitioning into the pastel colors of spring and great to match the denim trend. The flowy layers, mix of jersey and mesh, soft pink color, and back corset detailing give off a nice dreamy, romantic feel. If you’re not already in California, wear it and dream about the California sun. If you’re in California, some may say you’re living the dream. At 60% off, get this vest for $95.20.
Larok “California Dreaming” Vest, Originally: $238.00, Now: $95.20
April 2, 2010 No Comments