We’re excited to announce this week’s four fab new Trendsetters! Welcome to the Shop It To Me community – we’re happy to have you!
Chic Steals: Where to find the designer look for less, DIY tips & tricks, Tokyo trends, emerging designers, and general fashion news.
Feather Report is the iPhone application for fashionistas across the country, offering customized style inspiration based on the daily weather forecast. Fashion + Weather = Feather Report.
Style Me Cheaply – for style tips and tricks on the cheap! You can have great style without breaking your budget, everything featured is under $100…
The Makeup Divas – a beauty blog that is dedicated to providing beauty, product reviews and news, with a little splash of fashion, for your benefit.
*Want to be a Shop It To Me Trendsetter? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your fashion or lifestyle blog to apply!
November 24, 2009 1 Comment
Don’t feel badly if you order a few items for yourself when you are shopping for gifts this holiday season.
Our just-completed Holiday Shopping Trends survey revealed that you aren’t the only one. In fact, 82% of the 8000 respondents to the survey told us they plan on buying something for themselves this holiday season while they are buying gifts for others.
Survey respondents also told us that, while they are opening their wallets a bit wider than last year, they are still looking for bargains. Here are a few of the other survey findings:
• Two-thirds of men and half of women say there’s nothing for which they will pay full price. But, among those who will pay full-prices, shoes and boots come in at the top of the “splurge” list.
• Shipping charges are not popular: 80% of shoppers refuse to pay more than $10 for shipping and 20% expect shipping to be free.
• The majority of shoppers say they avoid gift wrap charges by ordering items shipped unwrapped and then wrapping themselves before giving.
For all the details, download our Holiday shopping trends press release.
November 24, 2009 No Comments
You told us what brands were on your holiday wishlist – and now we’ve added them! A fresh new crop of brands is here, so add them to your Shop It To Me profile so you can snag them on sale.
Log in to your profile, click Edit Brands and take a look at the New Brands tab to view and make any new selections. Are there are any other labels you’re yearning for? Let us know at email@example.com.
November 20, 2009 1 Comment
In a time where casual work-wear is not only for Fridays, it’s important to remember that looking professional can be a key to success. Overdressed is still better than under-dressed, especially when it comes to impressing your boss! WorkChic is here to share a few tips on how to look fashionably sharp, and what styles are best for you. Be sure to check out their blog for outfit suggestions, fit guidelines, and tips and tricks on how to look professional, feminine, and chic.
Many of us no longer need to wear suits or even blazers into the office. There are times when a more professional image is important. For instant when meeting a new client or pitching a big idea. Hopefully these meetings are planned and you have a chic go to outfit. What happens when a last minute meeting pops up? The CEO wants an update on your latest project, but your everyday business casual just doesn’t feel right. You want to command a presence in this meeting. If you had a go to blazer hanging in your office, you’d be all set! We’re not talking about keeping any old blazer around, but one that fits your body and will look chic with many different outfits. Here’s what we recommend:
While black may seem like an obvious choice, we would recommend selecting a style in stone or khaki. These shades can go with black, navy, brown, and many others making it much more versatile then black. The styles we selected above are ideal because they stop at the hip. A one button blazer is better for small and petite frames. While the second style has a higher stance and princess seams for curvier silhouettes.
Charcoal would be our second choice and is more universal this time of year. This can be a matte color like the 2 button version on the left, or a softer heather charcoal grey or melange wool. The three button style has a flattering shawl collar that will allow you to showcase your blouse underneath.
If you tend to wear a lot of black, then that is the shade you should buy. Otherwise stick to a tan, stone, or charcoal option to get the most use out of this item. Take advantage of the holiday sales and make sure you get your wardrobe ready for the unexpected. Pick up a go-to blazer today!
November 19, 2009 No Comments
With the holidays right around the corner, it’s great to have a few options in your closet for those last minute party invites. Chick Downtown is here to share a few ideas on how to look fabulous for the holidays without spending a fortune! Be sure to check their online boutique with the hottest clothing and accessories for fashionistas around the world.
The easiest way I can think of to dress up a basic black dress or suit is with red lipstick! A great shade of red that flatters your skin tone can take a simple black outfit from day to night. If you don’t have that go to black dress, you’ll need one. This Black Posh Dress by Blaque Label is priced under $100 and would look great for a night out. I recommend pairing it under a jacket for a more formal event or with some fun leopard pumps for a night out with the girls.
I would also suggest having a few pairs of black tights: one opaque, one sparkly, and one bright vibrant color. A great clutch, like these by Moyna, which are also under $100, add a bit of pop to any ensemble. These accessories can also take just about every outfit from day to night. Another staple piece I love is my vintage sequin bolero. It always comes in handy when it comes to holiday dressing; I reach for it over and over again.
In summary, if I were to choose the top 5 items to have in your closet to make holiday dressing easy, I would suggest the following: a black dress (whichever kind looks best on you), black tights, a sequin or faux fur bolero, a super sparkly accessory (clutch, earrings, necklace – you really only need one to make an outfit pop), and my favorite “accessory” for the holidays are red lips and nails. Happy Holidays!!
November 19, 2009 1 Comment
We’re Giving Away A Pair of Christian Louboutins!
(Or, for the guys – a $500 gift card)!
To enter on Twitter:
- Follow @ShopItToMe
- Tweet: “Follow @ShopItToMe. Win Louboutins! http://bit.ly/1UyAqp”
- Tweet once each day between Nov. 17th and Nov. 20th for an extra entry each time!
Want even more entries?
Tell friends! Each friend that signs up for Shop It To Me before November 20th counts as another entry to win.
November 17, 2009 26 Comments
While catching up on re-runs of The City over the weekend, I couldn’t help admiring the adorable bag Whitney Port was toting all over Manhattan. This studded leather masterpiece is so very “now”, it’s hard to imagine it isn’t on back-order, let alone that it’s on sale!
But, to my delight, the Rebecca Minkoff “Stud Devote” Belted Tote showed up in my Salemail this morning at 33% off. And I couldn’t love the “Plum” color more! This bag (originally $695, now $464) was instantly added to my Holiday Wish List! So, Mom, if you are reading this…
Hurry, hurry – scoop one up for yourself or a loved one! I know it’s early, but this has got to be the most perfect holiday gift for your favorite fashionista. Happy Shopping!
November 16, 2009 1 Comment
Michael Stars is offering 25%-off your entire order, just for Shop It To Me members, and free shipping on orders over $150. The code can be found in Salemail. You’ll find all kinds of great knits, including cardigans, long-sleeve shirts, and even more unexpected styles, like tights and scarves from the comfy and cozy Michael Stars label!
White House Black Market is offering 20%-off your entire order (code also in Salemail), with all kinds of great holiday dresses for your upcoming soirees!
November 16, 2009 No Comments
wHat makes today Awesome (other than the fact that it’s sunday)? it’s the shoP it to me founder and ceo’s birthday – haPpy birthdaY, charlie! we got things kicking Back on friday wIth some delicious chocolate cake, catching him totally off guaRd turning a “meeTing” into a party! Hopefully he has been continuing the celebration all weekenD! we know he has A delicious dinner planned, which we are all a bit jealous of. You deserve it, charlie, and from the shop it to me gang – we hope it’s a great one!
p.s. charlie – even a puzzle in your honor…did you solve it?
November 15, 2009 3 Comments
Lindsey from Urban Updater is here to show us 5 ways to be stylishly savvy in the New Year. Be sure to check out her blog on discovering new trends, beauty, fashion, and relationship advice!
With every New Year comes New Year’s resolutions. It’s about time that you stop making that same resolution to go to the gym everyday (which usually lasts about a month) and make it something that you actually enjoy doing and that will save you money, right? We’re in a recession, so it’s time to become a stylish, smart-shopping Recessionista!
Here are a list of the 5 Best Shopping Resolutions to satisfy your fashion cravings while saving money.
1. Don’t Buy Unless You Love It – Many of us see the sale rack and low prices and immediately HAVE to buy something. But, do you really have to buy something? Or are you just buying it because it’s on sale? Refrain from buying things just because. If it’s something you really love, then it’s a deal well spent!
2. Shop Online – Shopping online makes it easy to shop whenever and wherever you want. Not to mention, when your package arrives, it’s like Christmas! Online shopping is totally worth your while for the promo codes. Most sites online offer coupon codes that get you some sort of discount. Sites like RetailMeNot.com list them, and for Shop It To Me members, the codes are listed right below the corresponding retailer header bars in your emails. Other sites give you free gifts with purchase!
3. Be More Fashion Classic Conscious – When you’re shopping, think to yourself, “will I be able to wear this next season?” Your finds will last much longer if you can wear them season after season. In other words, don’t buy things that are too trendy. Also, think about what you can pair with items you already have to create new outfits.
4. Always Check the Return Policy – Most of our shopping is done on impulse. You go to a store, see something you like, and you buy it. Then you never wear it. Sound familiar? Statistics show that we only wear 25% of our clothing in our closet – what a waste! If you check the return policy and make sure you can return it, then buy away! But nothing is worse than buying something then not being able to return it!
5. Give Yourself a Monthly Budget and STICK TO IT! – Resolutions are like diets – If they are too strict, we’re going to break it eventually. Which is why you should not deprive yourself completely. Make a realistic budget for fashion each month. If you limit yourself to how much you can spend, you’ll be thinking twice about those purchases. Also, if you really want something expensive, you can save for a few months and be able to splurge.
November 12, 2009 1 Comment