For this week’s “New On The Scene”, we’d like to welcome NineWest.com to Shop It To Me. Bonus — free shipping on all orders! Going forward, you’ll see the latest sales from them in Salemail.
Fantastic finds for the fall season too — here’s just a peek at what I found in my Salemail today. Work to after-work looks at prices most can afford! All of the items below are under $100, many under $50!
October 19, 2009 No Comments
Being fashionable at a price you can afford has never been easier! Low Brow Style is here to show you where to find 5 fabulous fall trends – all for under $100 a pop! Be sure to check out her blog where fashion can be funny and a potty mouth can be charming.
If you are reading this blog chances are you love fashion and a good deal. These pieces can update your wardrobe or you can mix and match nearly all these pieces together for a fun, funky and eclectic look.
A sweet feminine floral is a great way to girlie up even the edgiest outfit. My favorites are from Victoriassecret.com. They have beautiful, lux, floral blouses with the most adorable details all around $50.
Throw this on with a pair of skinny trousers, a pencil skirt or boyfriend jeans and top if off with one of falls trend fall blazers, bombers or trenches.
Find the right boyfriend blazer can be tricky; finally some great affordable options have become available.
The blazer above is from Zara and costs just under $80. It is slimmer fitting that most boyfriend blazers I have tried on this fall and looks a lot more polished.
You MUST try Gap’s Premium Denim. I cannot say enough for the fit and quality of these jeans.
I have been trying on skinny-black-ankle jeans for about a month now and these were far and away the best fit. They range in price from $60-70 and are well worth it.
Throw one of these on with a tee, jeans and heels and you are ready for date night. Below is my favorite from Anthropologie.
This necklace is on the pricier range at $80. Check out sites and store like lulus.com and Forever21 for more options.
I beg you to try these. Dress up a casual outfit or look simply precious pairing these with your favorite fall dress.
These oxfords by Steve Madden still have a feminine shape and the patent leather gives them an updated look.
October 15, 2009 No Comments
‘Tis the season for Pumpkin Spice Lattes, gingerbread cookies, and other tasty treats to help us stay warm and cozy for the holidays. Holly Gofabulously is here just in time to share her oh-so-delicious Apple-Fabulous Dumplings recipe! Be sure to check our her blog dedicated to the search for intelligent life with fashion sense!
With the recent release of The American Fashion Cookbook (Assouline), it is officially chic to spend time in the kitchen (at least briefly)! Published with the Council of Fashion Designers of America, this blend of couture and cooking includes such intriguing recipes as Isaac Mizrahi’s Mushroom Truffle Spaghetti, Victor Costa’s Vidalia Onion Crustless Tarte and Tory Burch’s Andalusian Gazpacho, to name a few! Sadly, Holly Gofabulously’s Apple-Fabulous Dumplings were excluded (clearly an oversight)! Fortunately for fans of Shop it To Me, I’ve included my recipe here, for your Fall dining pleasure. Enjoy!
4 Golden Delicious apples (Honey Crisp Apples are also great, for those who love a super-sweet dessert)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla (I recommend the highest quality pure vanilla extract. I prefer Nielsen-Massey!)
Pre-made pie crusts (I prefer Pillsbury, which can be found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store! )
Peel apples with potato peeler. Remove the cores with a small knife, but try to keep the apples whole. Use butter to grease an 8×8” baking dish, and set aside. Unwrap the refrigerated pie crust and cut into 4 equal pieces. Cook both sugars, honey, water, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of butter in a small pan for about 10 minutes on medium, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Put all 4 pieces of pie crust in the 8×8 baking dish and lay an apple on each. Fill the center of the apple with some white sugar and cinnamon. Then fold the crusts up around the apple. Gently pour the hot liquid over and around the apples. Set aside extra to be used as a sauce over the baked dumplings. Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes (until crusts are turning brown and liquid is bubbling). Let cool, but remember that these are fantastic served warm, with a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream!
October 15, 2009 2 Comments
Check out our two terrific new Trendsetters! We’re excited to welcome these stylistas to the Shop It To Me Community!
So About What I Said…where smart is the new sexy. Awkward is the new cool. Flawed is the new beautiful.
Chasing Davies loves the chase for good deals, unique finds and precious pieces…and she loves to share!
*Want to be a Shop It To Me Trendsetter? Email email@example.com with a link to your fashion or lifestyle blog to apply!
October 14, 2009 No Comments
We recently asked our Twitter followers for advice on tucking jeans into boots — and the answers were fruitful. We wanted to pass this knowledge along to anyone else who was curious about some tried-and-true tips (see below).
Seems that tall/tube socks or stirrups of some sort are the winning formula! We were a little surprised more people didn’t say to only wear skinny jeans! Thanks to everyone who weighed in!
October 12, 2009 6 Comments
Not just one, but TWO new retailers added this week to Shop It To Me! We welcome both LunaBoston and C&C California! Both are offering special secret discount codes for Shop It To Me members, which can be found in Salemail.
25% off nearly everything at Luna Boston, including great bags from the likes of Matt & Nat, Foley + Corrina, Treesje, Kooba, Lauren Merkin, and more.
And 10% off nearly everything from C&C California — cottons don’t get any softer!
October 12, 2009 No Comments
The final week of Battle of the Brands has arrived, hundreds of votes have been cast, and the last two brands remaining are BCBG and Theory!
The big question – which brand do you want to win? Vote and you could win a Marc by Marc Jacobs wristlet! Voting ends this Friday, Oct. 16th at 5 pm PST.
1. Leave a comment on this blog post telling us what brand you like better (BCBG or Theory), and why.
2. For an extra entry: Tweet on Twitter about which brand is better or that you entered the contest. You can be creative with your tweet, but make sure to include @ShopItToMe, the URL http://bit.ly/ZKmZ7, and follow “ShopItToMe” if you’re not doing so already.
1. You must be a Shop It To Me subscriber to win. If you’re not a subscriber, visit www.ShopItToMe.com and click Start Now. (It only takes 2 minutes!)
2. Marc Jacobs accessories will be sent to US mailing addresses only.
3. Limit one blog entry and one Twitter entry per person each week.
Round 4 stats:
Winner 1: BCBG, 53% (DVF, 47%)
Winner 2: Theory, 65% (Betsey Johnson, 33%)
October 12, 2009 83 Comments
Fashionable women who love to shop come in all shapes, sizes, … and by a variety of first names! Any guesses on the most popular names of Shop It To Me female subscribers? (Don’t peek below!)
We were curious, so we looked. Here’s the Top 10 most common names of our members!
October 11, 2009 No Comments
The # of men I see on a daily basis in suits is few and far between. After all, I not only live in the relaxed and kick-back West Coast city of San Francisco, but also work in an up-and-coming area of the city with many start-ups and other entrepreneurial endeavors (i.e. NOT the center of the Financial district)… Nonetheless, I was intriuged by these 2 nuggets about menswear.
1) Brooks Brothers is going to be selling men’s suits inspired by “Mad Men”. Now every guy can be as slick as the handsome and gentlemanly Don Draper! The Emmy-winning show’s costume director, Janie Bryant, has teamed up with Brooks Brothers to create a “Mad Men” edition suit inspired by Draper and the other well-dressed gents at fictional ad firm Sterling Cooper. Apparently only 250 will be made, and sold in 10 Brooks Brothers doors and brooksbrothers.com starting on Oct. 19 through the show’s season finale on Nov. 8. Retail price? Around $1000 a pop.
2) And get this — Thomas Pink is selling a “commuter tie” with a built in pocket on the underside for an iPod! The tie comes in 7 colors, ranging from deep pink to charcoal. For $100, guys can now listen to their music on the sly. (Personally, seeing that guys typically wear pants and a jacket with their shirt/tie combos, I’m still not completely clear why holding the music on the underside of a tie is any easier than in a pocket…if anyone can enlighten me)
October 10, 2009 No Comments
As any stylista would argue, fashion truly can change the world. And now, the London Design Museum is seeming to agree. 2 new books – “50 Dresses That Changed The World” and “50 Shoes That Changed The World” highlight select fashion pieces and the lasting mark they’ve made.
The books chat about the social impact and commentary of the selected items, and even share random factoids:
* Apparently Salvatore Ferragamo first invented cork platform shoes due to a materials shortage after Mussolini’s invasion of Ethiopia in 1935.
* Dr. Martens were launched after a doctor’s ankle injury.
* Tod’s was named after an immigrant Italian consulted the New York phonebook, thereby defining the driving shoe that perfectly encapsulates the American dream.
Along with some famous faces you’d expect to see portrayed for putting the 50 iconic dresses on the map (Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy, Princess Di) , you may even find some surprises. Would you expect Hussein Chalayan’s Swarovski collaboration LED dress to make the list? Nike waffle trainers? Crocs?
Any other bets of what is (or isn’t) included?
October 9, 2009 No Comments