We all swoon over Rodarte dresses, but they aren’t just for celebs like Natalie Portman and Emma Watson.
Okay I lied, maybe they are. They do run for around 3K a pop. But that will soon change, because Rodarte is doing a designer line for Target!
Needless to say, we’re thrilled about the collaboration. We couldn’t have picked a better designer ourselves - literally! Mark your calendars: the line hits stores on December 20th. Perfect time to sneak in a holiday gift to yourself (or two, or three…). Hey, they’ll be Target prices!
August 7, 2009 No Comments
Without style inspiration we would spend every day of our lives in flipflops, ratty jeans, and baggy shirts. Cosmochik’s Coterie is here to navigate you toward some of the best places to sip up some inspiration, right here on the web. Her blog is all about immersing yourself in hot fashions, exciting new designer & retailer updates, great shopping finds, and much more! The following are her picks for “best places for outfit inspiration”:
Shopbop offers lookbooks inspired by trends of the moment, such as “Modern Gypsy”, “Tie-Dye Denim”, “Summer Whites” and “Harem Pants”. Each lookbook includes fantastic photos of “wearable” and most importantly “achievable and wallet-friendly” looks. Designer brands are clearly labeled, and you can shop the look by a simple click on the photo.
This is a VERY addicting site for the inner stylist in you. Sign up for a profile and you can start putting your own looks together from hundreds of current items from a large assortment of designer brands. You can create an outfit for everyday of the week. Then label and catalog them for your own library of outfits. Or view all looks from other members which are uploaded to the site daily. It’s like a never-ending closet with outfit inspiration created by you and other aspiring stylists! Check out some of my creations with the “Whyred” handbag and the “YSL Caged Booties”.
There’s no question that Shopittome.com is on my list! How fantastic and convenient is it to have an online personal shopper? Once you get your personalized emails, have some fun by picking out items to put together super cute outfits. It’s basically like stepping into your virtual dressing room and trying out clothes, accessories, and footwear from all of your fave stores and brands. There’s plenty of inspiration from the plethora of fashion photos!
I love how these outfits are created by everyday girls like you, me, a fashionista best friend, or a shopaholic sister! “Look of the Day” posts provide great outfit inspiration because each piece within the outfit is clearly listed with the brand name. “Looks of the Week” albums are posted weekly, and Fabsugar introduces each album with fabulous details to look for while you peruse.
The girls that head up these fashion blogs are at the forefront of the hottest trends and freshest updates on industry happenings, as well as having the most creative and amazing photographs of their outfits. Outfits are described to the finest detail and include a mix of brands from low to high. What stands out to me is that they are passionate about all things fashion, and it comes through in their posts and photos. Check in daily to get inspiration for your own outfits from the tops and bottoms, to footwear, jewelry and handbags.
August 6, 2009 No Comments
If you’re anything like me, you simply cannot get enough of the Mad Men characters and their sleek ’60s style. Well good news: Banana Republic has teamed up with the AMC original series to create Mad Men-inspired attire. Now you can look like lovely Betty, sexy Joan, or even dapper Don!
I checked out the line over the weekend and must say that I’m quite enthralled. There is one classic black “Betty” dress that practically begs to be thrown on over a vintage slip and accessorized with pearl earrings, black pumps, and a Holly Golightly-style cigarette holder (not that I condone smoking). Oh, the thrill of playing dress up!
You can pick up a style guide, which will show you how to dress like your favorite character, at your nearest Banana Republic. On the back are special codes that grant you a chance to appear on the show, along with entry to win a $1,000 Banana gift card!
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for the Sunday, August 16th season 3 premier! Dress up for the occasion, perhaps?
August 5, 2009 No Comments
If you had asked me a few years ago whether skinny jeans would still be around today, I would have been skeptical at best. I have to admit, they now make up half of my denim wardrobe. Trends come and go, but some styles have unexpected staying power.
Do you think this season’s trends will stick around for awhile? Is that something you think about when making a purchase?
Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Jumpsuit, Reg: $372, Now: $222.90
J. Brand Boyfriend Jeans, Reg: $198, Now: 138.60
Diane von Furstenberg Deidre Python Chain Belt, Reg: $175, Now: $87.50
Frye Mary Studded T-Strap, Reg: $158, Now: $109.99
Urban Outfitters Leather Double Stud Bracelet, Reg: $28, Now: $19.99
August 4, 2009 1 Comment
First there were Rollasoles, and now The Standard is selling swimsuits via vending machine! The trendy hotel has teamed up with Quiksilver, to offer their guests boardshorts and bikinis – snack style.
The selection will include 4 styles of men’s trunks ($75), along with classic black bikinis for the ladies ($84). With prices like these, wouldn’t you want to – oh, I don’t know – try them on first?!
August 2, 2009 1 Comment
Pop quiz. The reunion is right around the corner. You feel:
A. Nothing special.
B. Slightly anxious.
C. So utterly excited you attempt to sew a party dress.
The right answer? Definitely C – because the Project Runway All-Star Challenge reunion show is airing on August 20th! They’re bringing back some of my favorite contestants, and as always the amazing talent and rampant drama should make for a fantastic segment.
The two-hour special will run at 8 p.m., followed by the new season of Project Runway.
July 31, 2009 No Comments
There was an excited buzz in our office yesterday as we watched a segment on Shop It To Me air on NBC Philadelphia News! Fashion expert Lilliana Vazquez leads the segment, and we were thrilled to see that she not only did an excellent job of capturing the essence of our site, but she also showcased some of our fantastic users. When Lilliana is not raving about our site, she also reports for American Latino TV, and even has her very own blog, The Cheap Chica’s Guide to Style. One thing’s for certain, if you keep up to date with this inspirational woman you will always be in the know about great fashion trends for amazing prices!
Make sure to check out the segment to learn about some features we offer that you might not already know about, and to hear some of the amazing discounts that our users have scored. From all of us at Shop It To Me, we would like to say a giant thank you to Lilliana Vazquez and everyone at NBC Philadelphia!
July 30, 2009 No Comments
Owning the “perfect handbag” is every girls dream, but choosing one from the thousands of different styles/sizes/textiles can be daunting. Get the breakdown of current handbag trends directly from an insider in the fashion business, The Stylista Diaries. Her blog has a delightful assortment of current trends, fashion news, and editorial perspectives that will most definitely pique your interest!
Handbags are a staple to every girl’s wardrobe and they house essential things that are useful for our daily lives such as cell phones, money, and keys. Frankly, I don’t know what I would do without handbags; if anything I would feel rather naked! Since we rely on them every day, we might as well spice things up and invest in some great pieces. But what’s so fun about a plain black bag? Toss that aside for now and get the hottest looks of the season. Below are my top 5 picks of current handbag trends!
1. Bold Colors: Who says color is reserved for the spring/summer? Why not invest in some bold bags all year round? The best thing about bold-colored bags is that they allow you to take that all black ensemble and instantly kick it up a notch! Choose from colors such as mustard yellow, pink, turquoise, cobalt blue, deep purple, or grass green, and more importantly, don’t be afraid to make a statement!
Tory Burch’Thalie Shoulder Bag’: Reg: $495.00
Aldo ‘Barumuni’: Reg: $45.00, Now: $27.98
Topshop ‘Qulited Piped Cross Body Bag’: Reg: 25 Pounds
Valentino Braided Tote, Reg: $2,110, Now: $1,295
2. Studded: Studs have been gracing handbags from the likes of Tory Burch to Marc Jacobs. Adding these gold and silver touches to basic handbag designs gives it a new ’80s vibe, making them more edgy and rocker glam. Studded handbags come in various styles — whether they’re small subtle embellishments down the middle of the bag or huge pyramid studs that adorn the entire bag, there is definitely a style that fits everyone. Wear your studded handbag with a pair of destroyed skinny jeans, gladiators, and a loose tee to create that edgy vibe! Rock on!
Novela Royal ‘Mister Stud Bowler Bag’: Reg: $584.00
Marc Jacobs ‘Stardust Shoulder Bag’: Reg: $550.00
Valentino ‘Maison Studded Tote’: $2,495.00
3. Fringe: With celebs such as Mary-Kate Olsen and Nicole Ritchie popularizing the bohemian style, it was only natural that this style would translate into handbags as well. Although there are several styles out there, I prefer slouchy hobos or long strapped shoulder bags that make your outfit feel relaxed and efforless . Wear this fringe bag with a maxi dress and you’re ready to shop at the vintage flea markets!
J.J Winters ‘Suede Fringe Bag’: Reg: $490.00
Shop Intuition ‘Fringe Bag’: Reg: $315.00
Forever 21 ‘Valiah Studded Fringe Tote’: Reg: $34.00, Now: $16.99
Furla ‘Halley Bag’: Reg: $780.00, Now: $468.00
4. Crossbody Bags (Slings)/ Long Shoulder bags: Lately, I’ve spotted several purses with straps that are definitely longer than usual. The long shoulder bags have been revived from the ’80s and early ’90s. These shoulder bags are functional in that they can also be worn as a crossbody bag, or sling as well (depending how long it is). If worn as a sling, the best thing about them is not having to constantly worry about them slipping off your shoulders. It’s definitely a “no fuss” bag, yet it still retains its fashionable aspect. If worn as a regular long shoulder bag, you can pull off the “vintage” look by pairing it with flats and skinny jeans. However you wear it, you’ll definitely look chic with this bag!
Marc by Marc Jacobs ‘Percy Turnlock Crossbody Bag’: Reg: $198.00
Jack Rabbit ‘The Concord Crossbody’: Reg: $595.00
Elliot Luca ‘Valencia Crossbody’: Reg: $98.00, Now: $49.00
Cole Haan Women’s Village Leather Cross-Body: Reg: $195.00
5. Clutches: Give your shoulders a break from those heavy bags and pick up a clutch! They come in so many different patterns, shapes, and sizes that it’s impossible to not find the perfect one for you. Go for sleek, structured bags or if you’re feeling a little gutsy, opt for fun patterns such as ikat. Clutches are so versatile; you can pair them with jeans for a more casual look or wear a bold faux python patterned one with a classic LBD!
Halston ’70′s Envelope Clutch’: Reg: $548.49
Raquel Faux Python Clutch: Reg: $23.96
Imon ‘Global Chic Classic Couture Envelope Clutch’: Reg: $49.95 (sold out)
July 30, 2009 3 Comments
Calling all San Francisco fashionistas!
The Legendary Barney’s New York Warehouse Sale is coming to San Francisco for the first time ever! It starts tomorrow (Thursday, July 30th) and will go through August 9th. The madness excitement will be going down at the Fort Mason Center Herbst Pavillion for a glorious 11 days.
Designer clothing, shoes, and accessories will be a whopping 50-75% off.
To say us Shop It To Me gals are excited for the sale would be a drastic understatement (we have had our after-work carpool arranged for about a week now). We like you, but that’s not to say we won’t wrestle you for $150 Louboutins! Hey, it’s all in good fun…
New York and L.A., no need to fret – Barney’s did not forget you! Here’s your valuable info:
- New York – 255 West 17th Street (August 20th – September 7th)
- Los Angeles – Los Angeles Convention Center (August 13th – August 23rd)
Just thought you might like to know!
July 29, 2009 2 Comments
Many of you are probably already familiar with Scott Schuman, aka The Sartorialist. The Sartorialist travels the world shooting inspiring looking people with to-die-for outfits. His pictures make a once aspiring photographer (myself) envious due their consistently ingenuous composition and contrast, not to mention their impeccable usage of depth of field that draws the eye right to the object of attention.
Now being the fashion/photography obsessed person that I am, I was absolutely thrilled to find out that The Sartorialist has arranged 500 of his images into a book. The book will be mainly pictures and a bit of writing, and can be pre-ordered at amazon.com right now for a very reasonable price of $16.50! I have already jumped on this offer, and would encourage anyone who is looking for a little bit of inspiration in their daily life to do the same. Here’s to hoping this book will make my teeny college apartment a bit more classy!
July 28, 2009 2 Comments